Shamanic Gardening Consultation
Melinda Joy Miller’s gardening consultations are like none other you’ve experienced. She includes over thirty years experience in permaculture, sustainability, and herbology with an extensive background as a medicine woman, feng shui master, and cultural anthropologist.
What is Shamanic Gardening
A powerful gardening system designed by Melinda Joy that incorporates sustainability with ancient teachings of indigenous cultures, Chinese and Japanese design concepts, energetic balance methods, and psychological principles.
Shamanic Gardening explores the creation of a garden that heals self, as well as the earth. Working in harmony with the natural elements, including the wind, these gardens expand your intuition and offer a shamanically protective quality. The gardens are rich in high-nutrition foods that are medicinal for all aspects of your life. These gardens save you money, offer cutting edge sustainable technology, enhance the health of you, your family and that of the planet. They can even spice up your love life with ancient aphrodisiacs used in various cultures throughout history, enhance your beauty routine, or simply become more beautiful, energetically balanced, and protective.
A Shamanic Gardening Consultation may include:
- How to garden more effectively with less work and money spent using permaculture and sustainable technology.
- A personalized garden design for YOUR sensibility.
- Ancient sustainable methods from the Japanese, Chinese, Pueblo Indians, George Washington, and Thomas Jefferson.
- Cutting edge sustainable technologies in water conservation, building healthy soil, and growing your own fertilizer.
- Shamanic principles to garden with more awareness and effectiveness, to use your inner senses, and to work with earth energies, color, flower psychology, and more.
- Feng shui in the garden to create a balanced, nurturing environment that feels warm and harmonious.
- Placement of all garden features – raised garden beds, ponds, containers, garden sculpture, large stones, water features, bird baths, trellis, and windbreaks, using feng shui, shamanic, and permaculture principles
- In-depth suggestions for medicinal herbs and edibles to plant, based on the specific needs of individuals or family.
- Companion planting details to keep your edibles nourished, protected, and fertilized.
- Growing information for medicinal herbs, high-nutrition plants, and perennial vegetables.
- Shamanic counsel on how to create a garden that deepens your connection to self and the earth.
- Suggestions to attract bees, butterflies and hummingbirds.
- Shamanic characteristics of herbs and flowers used for protection and healing.
- Personalized suggestions to bring specific colors and flowers into your garden design based on what Melinda Joy feels is best for you and your family, that are founded on psychological aspects of flowers and color.
- Suggestions to make your own flower essences.
- Beauty recipes to make from your garden.
- Detailed suggestions to plant with the cycles of the sun, moon and natural elements based on the principles of feng shui, permaculture, and environmental studies.
- Ways to develop a deeper relationship and spiritual connections with self, wildlife, and the earth.
How do Shamanic Gardening consultations work
Consultations are in person or online – it sounds counter intuitive, but you will be amazed at what information she can provide for you over the phone for your specific garden and climate.
Use our installation team is in LA and Orlando or we offer detailed instructions for you to do the work yourself. Melinda Joy can facilitate everything or work with your existing garden designer focusing only on specific aspects that you desire.
First Session: $225 ( 2-21/2 hours )
Follow Up Sessions: $85 per hour
Zen, “karesansui” or “dry landscape”. Gardens allow for daily meditation, by raking the sand which represents flowing water. The rocks represent a mountain scape.
The following types of garden designs are offered upon request:
- Labyrinth Design
- Meditation Garden Design
- Zen Garden Design
- Children’s Garden Design
- Romantic Garden Design, including suggested aphrodisiacs from ancient cultures.
- Patio Garden Design, using urban planting methods
- Suggestions to make your own flower essences based on individual needs
- Beauty recipes that you can make directly from your garden.
“We LOVED each moment and cannot thank you enough!!! Wow, we learned so much from your insights. Your enthusiasm and wisdom are deeply appreciated.” —Will & Gemma McCoy, Shamanic Gardening Consult
Before & Afters
Our project is in Pasadena Magazine
Get Our Book!
This book brings sustainable ancient, indigenous, and traditional gardening techniques, history, and mythology to modern permaculture. No other gardening book better illustrates the vast cultural history and modern practicality, sustainability, and permaculture.
SHAMANIC GARDENING contains a history of sustainable gardening, including techniques used by Cleopatra, the Japanese, the Pueblo Indians, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and many others.
Learn to design an edible, elegant, sustainable landscape, grow healing herbs, extract flower essences, grow aphrodisiacs and plant for nutrition and beauty.
Buy It Now!
$19.95 + $5.00SHIPPING
“Chock full of everything you want there are the essential how to’s, tips on what to plant and the nutritional value of specific herbs. I felt that I’d spent an afternoon with a wise friend.” — Susie Arnett, Curriculum Developer, Omega Institute, Rhinebeck, NY
“It’s as if the author is having a personal conversation with the reader and spiritual insights are backed up by practical tips, about a wide range of garden choices and activities.” — Graham Bell, Author of The Permaculture Way