Shamanic Gardening Consultation
Melinda Joy Miller's personalized consultations include over thirty years experience in permaculture, sustainability, and herbology. She incorporates her unique background as a medicine woman, feng shui master, cultural anthropologist, sensorimotor-integrative therapist, and metaphysical healer. Each client is given a personalized plan based on their individual needs, interests, sensibility, budget, and environment.
What is Shamanic Gardening
It is a powerful system that incorporates sustainability with ancient teachings of indigenous cultures, Chinese and Japanese design concepts, energetic balance methods and psychological principles.
Shamanic Gardening explores the creation of a garden that heals self, as well as the earth. Working in harmony with the natural elements, including the wind, these gardens expand your intuition and offer a shamanically protective quality. The gardens are rich in high-nutrition foods that are medicinal for all aspects of your life…even spicing up your love life with ancient aphrodisiacs used in various cultures throughout history.
How do Shamanic Gardening consultations work?
Consultations can be done in person or over the phone. We have an installation team in Los Angeles and Orlando. Clients in different regions are given specific instructions to do the work themselves or we can work directly with their gardeners to guide them through the process. Fees vary based on the size of the property and the specific needs of the client. Clients can hire Melinda Joy to focus on specific aspects of the project in conjunction with their garden designer or facilitate the full project.
A Shamanic Gardening Consultation may include
Practical details on how to garden more effectively with less work from the study of permaculture and sustainable
- A garden design that is conceptualized around your personality and unique sensibility - some drawing from ancient methods, such as, ancient Japan, the Pueblo Indians, George Washington, and Thomas Jefferson.
New sustainable technologies in water conservation, building healthy soil, and growing your own fertilizer.
Shamanic principles to garden with more awareness and effectiveness, to use your inner senses, and to work with earth energies, color, flower psychology, and more.
Feng shui in the garden to create a balanced, nurturing environment that feels warm and harmonious.
Give easy, creative options for containers and raised beds.
- Placement of all garden features - raised garden beds, ponds, containers, garden sculpture, large stones, water features, bird baths, trellis, and windbreaks, using feng shui, shamanic, and permaculture principles.
- In-depth suggestions for medicinal herbs and edibles to plant, based on the specific needs of individuals or family.
- Companion planting details to keep your edibles nourished, protected, and fertilized.
Growing information for medicinal herbs, high-nutrition plants, and perennial vegetables.
- Shamanic counsel on how to create a garden that deepens your connection to self and the earth.
- Suggestions to attract bees, butterflies and hummingbirds.
- Shamanic characteristics of herbs and flowers used for protection and healing.
- Personalized suggestions to bring specific colors and flowers into your garden design based on what Melinda Joy feels is best for you and your family, that are founded on psychological aspects of flowers and color.
- Suggestions to make your own flower essences.
- Beauty recipes that you can make directly from your garden.
- Detailed suggestions to work with the sun, moon and natural elements based on the principles of feng shui, permaculture, and environmental studies.
- Ways to develop a deeper relationship and spiritual connections with self, wildlife, and the earth.
First Session: $225 ( 2-21/2 hours )
Follow Up Sessions: $85 per hour
NEW - This service is now offered by Phone
Click Here to see an example in the Pasadena Magazine
The following types of garden designs are offered upon request:
- Labyrinth Design
- Meditation Garden Design
- Zen Garden Design
- Children's Garden Design
- Romantic Garden Design, including suggested aphrodisiacs from ancient cultures.
- Patio Garden Design, using urban planting methods
- Suggestions to make your own flower essences based on individual needs
- Beauty recipes that you can make directly from your garden.
Schedule a Shamanic Gardening Consultation
Our Shamanic Gardening project is featured in Pasadena Magazine.
On-site: $160 per hour
On-line: $225 flat fee*
*Online consultations are facilitated through skype, email and phone. For a reference we require a photo of the front & back yards and the landscape surrounding the left and right sides of the house; which direction the front door faces, your date of birth, phone number and email address.
Our new gardening book is out!
BUY SIGNED COPY NOW
This book brings sustainable ancient, indigenous, and traditional gardening techniques, history, and mythology to modern permaculture. No other gardening book better illustrates the vast cultural history and modern practicality, sustainability and permaculture.
SHAMANIC GARDENING contains a history of sustainable gardening, including techniques used by Cleopatra, the Japanese, the Pueblo Indians, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and many others.
Learn to design an edible, elegant, sustainable landscape, grow healing herbs, extract flower essences, grow aphrodisiacs and plant for nutrition and beauty.
Includes shamanic principles to garden with more awareness and effectiveness, using your inner senses, working with earth energies, color, flower essences, and more.
“Chock full of everything you want to know about gardening. There are the essential how to's, tips on what to plant and the nutritional value of specific herbs. I felt, after reading it, that I'd spent an afternoon with a wise friend who had brought me the secrets of nature.”
Susie Arnett, Curriculum Developer, Omega Institute for Holistic Studies, Rhinebeck, NY
“It’s as if the author is having a personal conversation with the reader and spiritual insights are backed up by practical tips, about a wide range of garden choices and activities.”
Graham Bell, Author: The Permaculture Way, The Permaculture Garden
“I loved the book. I can pick this book up and turn to any page and find a passage that grounds me to the earth and makes me feel present, alive and grateful.”
Dana Congdon, Screenwriter/feature film editor, Basketball Diaries, Godfather III Topanga, CA
Schedule Shamanic Gardening Consultation
Join us on Facebook
Visit and subscribe to our new Blog